Sunday, November 07, 2010


Ueda Tatsuya - Ai no Hana

(watch from 6:28 and ignore the other parts in front)

I love the lights! (not in a very descriptive mood right now so just watch it) I can just stare at it in my dreamy state the whole day. Music and Lyrics both by Ueda. It's a beautiful song :)


Lyrics + translation here, and alittle interpretation of the song too:

"While the words themselves aren't anything particularily original, I love how Ueda uses "sakura flowers" and "flowers" in general to make the distinction between past and future loves.

"Flowers" represent love and he has already let the Sakura flower bloom in his heart - but it didn't work out. He has only "eternal memories and an eternal smile" left of that love to take with him. The soil of his heart will never have a sakura grow in it again - each flower can only grow once - but one day, he'll walk down the path of love and let another type of flower, another love, bloom in his heart.

The last stanza actually sends shivers down my spine, it's so packed with meaning."


It's not exactly the voice or him being cute that I love so much, it's his quiet disposition and not always trying to show himself, his talent in composing, the whole mysterious aura (yet cute at the same time), him being a deep thinker AND as strange as me. The face is a bonus, of course.

I'll be in silent admiration & not attempt to sound convincing whatsoever.

No comments: